Friday, July 18, 2008

drawn



I think i've settled back down to where i can get some sleep again. Seems to have a lot to do with actual work level. I wonder, what will i do when i get back to Phoenix and can't spend 14 hours a day working on artwork? It's strange how once i create time to do it that it seems extremely purposeful but when i'm balancing it with a life where i actually have to make money, i can convince myself that it's peripheral or frivolous. It's a good thing i came here when i did. if only i could start charging $200 or $300 an hour for my graphic design work, i'd be set. :)

Above are sections from one of the large drawings i've been working on. I had originally started, thinking i would do something scroll-like but the long, horizontal shape was hard to work with. Now i'm working on a 36"x36" square which feels much more natural.

No comments: