Sunday, July 20, 2008

surreal sweaty stinky

I spoke too soon about the sleep thing. After no luck around 3 or 3:30am this morning, i finally gave up and turned on the light to read. Still woke up around 7am—Oh well.

Last night was one of the recurring Taliesin formals. I sum it up with the words in the title for this post. Cocktails were in an un-ventilated, un-fanned, un-air conditioned room where we all collectively sweated and held our glasses to our faces. I also made an attempt to walk out on the famous FLW cantelever walkway but was told it wasn't such a good idea. And someone had just mentioned to me a few days previous how it was structurally sound. I'm beginning to walk gingerly everywhere. Then there was dinner in an equally sweaty but at least well-fanned dining room. It was really strange having the students and apprentices serve us. I haven't figured out what the purpose of this event is but i found out that it actually happens at least once a month. It's truly like a wedding reception.

Maybe tomorrow i will have more inspiring and interesting things to post but i'm not sure my brain is functioning too well right now.

No comments: