Thursday, July 24, 2008

end of days & your favorite female superhero

The days are closing in...has it really been 3 since my last post? I'm afraid of time getting away from me.

After reviewing my the video footage with Tiana that i had somewhat pieced together, we thought it'd be best for me to draw out my concept of how the video would flow. I think it worked because after several hours or a day or who knows at this point, i had some ideas about how to pull it together. Somewhere in there was another sleepless night where a dying bug clicked all night long trying to get out of a spider web outside my window. It clicked (or maybe snapped is a better description) well into the morning. The spider was persistent. Imagine someone snapping their fingers above your head at irregular intervals and you get the idea. Nature can be really noisy—especially when you don't have traffic, helicopters and young men driving with loud bass systems to distract you. That morning, the usual loud chirping bird woke me up around 7am.

Speaking of spiders—i counted yesterday and there are 17 in my room. I've noticed a marked decrease in the amount of annoying little flying things like gnats and mosquitos so i'm here to announce that for everyone's protection, the best bug deterrent are spiders (Spiderwoman!!). The other one (for the outdoors or for the interior of Frank Lloyd Wright's living room) are bats (Batgirl!!). Something about eating 1200 mosquitos a minute. I'm not sure if i'm more disturbed by the image conjured of a bat snatching up 1200 mosquitos or that there are 1200 mosquitos in existence in the air at any given time. Is it one of those riddles that the bats are capable of that?

I'm planning a presentation of sorts here at Taliesin of my work to date on Tuesday, July 29. Not sure if the video will be done by then, since i've made it a hundred times more time-consuming by adding another animation element, but i'm really excited about it and think it will work great. It will be a long, busy 5 days until then. I'm glad to have a real reason to not participate in every event that occurs around here.

No comments: